Do you wish to become a cyber security wizard? Are you overwhelmed by how to build your skills in this ever-changing field? Keep reading!
As a cyber security analyst, you need to stay on your toes to keep up with emerging cyber crimes and develop skills for damage control. If coding is your forte, this article is for you!
Today, businesses and the government are all willing to invest highly in skilled cyber security analysts. The global cyber security market is projected to grow to USD 376.32 billion by 2029, exhibiting a CAGR of 13.4% from 2021. This means cyber security is one of the highest-paid fields for you in today’s internet-centered world.
The average cyber security analyst earns $113270 per year in the US. If you want to earn good money too, we recommend you enroll in one of the best cyber security courses we’ve shortlisted for you. While these courses will give a head-start to beginners, they will help intermediate-level analysts build on existing skills.
All of this sounds amazing, but the tough bit is surfing through loads of information to pick which cyber security course would build your skills. Moreover, would it even be pocket-friendly and flexible?
Don’t worry! We did the homework, so you don’t have to.
Pick a course out of the following that meets your requirements and starts your learning journey.
Our Criteria For Choosing Top-rated Cyber Security Courses
We assessed these courses in depth, based on questions listed below:
- Eligibility– the criteria or requirements that a student must meet in order to be eligible to enroll in a particular course or program
- Course Curriculum – the criteria or requirements that a student must meet in order to be eligible to enroll in a particular course or program
- The reputation of the instructor – A highly respected and experienced instructor is more likely to be able to provide students with valuable insights, feedback, and guidance.
- Teaching methodologies – the approaches and techniques that an instructor uses to facilitate learning.
- Flexibility – the ability of a course or program to accommodate the schedules and learning preferences of individual students.
- Interactive learning – actively engaging students in the learning process through a variety of activities and techniques.
- Cost – the amount of money that students are required to pay in order to enroll in a particular course or program.
Fair enough! Now let’s learn more about each of these courses.
List of 8 the Best Cyber Security Courses You Should Look In 2023
- Bestseller Cyber Security Course of 2023 – Udemy (All Levels)
- Top Notch Cyber Security Course for Beginners – Udemy (Beginner Level )
- Complete Cyber Security Course (Volume 2) – Udemy – (All Levels)
- Complete Cyber Security Course (Volume 4) – Udemy (All Levels)
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Foundations – Coursera (Beginner Level )
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate – Coursera (Beginner Level)
- 23 Hour Class to Learn Cybersecurity and Its Ten Domains – Coursera (All Levels)
- Highly Rated Cyber Security Course: Go From Zero to Hero – Skillshare (All Levels)
9 Best Courses for Cyber Security to Advance Your Career and Learn New Skills
Detail review of the top-notch cybersecurity courses
The first course in the line-up is one of the best Cyber-security courses, which caters to all levels, suitable for individuals with varying skill levels. This course is for you if you are just starting or stepping up your cyber skills!
This course explores the Darknet mindset of the cyber criminal. It involves a study of malware, exploit units, zero-day vulnerabilities etc. A student will learn global tracking and hacking on a national level, including a study of FBI, CIA, and other intelligence agencies, making it one of the best online cyber security certifications.
Enrolling in this course will give you a basic knowledge of encryption, how it works, and how it can be bypassed to moderate risks. Moreover, it covers all the basic platforms Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, MacOS, and Linux.
This course is taught by Nathan House, who has more than 25 years of involvement with cyber security, where he has educated some of the biggest organizations in the world, guaranteeing security on multi-million and multi-billion pound projects. He is the CEO of Station X, a digital protection consultancy. So, signing up for this course means all your cyber security training would be in safe hands!
A short course, with 12 hours of on-demand video and 1 article, is an all-in-one cyber security course that gives you a certification for $94.99. This is quite expensive, but the holistic approach of the instructor is absolutely worth a try. Moreover, you have lifetime access to the content on mobile and TV.
This course has a trust-worthy rating of 4.5 stars out of 5, and 256,437 students enrolled. The worth of this online cyber security program speaks for itself.
Still in doubt? Here’s what a student had to say:
“Excellent course. The content was well presented and explained. The information was eye-opening from start to finish with practical areas that can be readily implemented. I enjoyed this course, and would certainly recommend it to others”
What you will learn?
- Know yourself – Threat and Vulnerability Landscape
- Know Your Enemy – The Current Threat and Vulnerability Landscape
- Encryption Crash Course
- Setting up a Testing Environment Using a Virtual Machine
- Operating System Security and Privacy (Windows vs Mac OS X vs Linux)
- Security Bugs and Vulnerability
- Reducing Threat Privilege
- Social Engineering and Social Media Offence and Defence
- Security Domains
- Security Through Isolation Compartmentalization
Take the first step towards becoming a cybersecurity expert! Enroll now in the best online cybersecurity class and secure your future today!
Up next, we have an affordable cyber security course designed to teach you the basics of cyber security awareness, social engineering, network security, and online self defense, even for those with no IT or cyber security experience. If you fear cyber crimes such as identity theft, this is the course for you!
What stands out about this course is its instructor, who, in his own words, uses “visuals, humor and storytelling” to engage the student. The course structure consists of 98% of images and visuals from the real world.
For $74.99 (which is more affordable than most online cyber security courses, you get a 3-hour on-demand video along with 17 articles and downloadable resources that you shall have lifetime access to.
This course is taught by Reza Zaheri on Udemy, arguably the best website to learn cyber security courses. Zaheri has 20 years of leadership experience in Cyber Security and, for the past 10 years, has been directing Digital Forensics and Incident Response teams for Fortune 100 companies.What
The course has a 4.6 out of 5 stars rating, with 31,322 students enrolled in it. For further assurance, here is a review of an ex-student of the course:
“This is the greatest Security Awareness training I have ever attended. The presenter made me feel like I was in the room with him. He was extremely personable and knowledgeable.”
What you will learn?
- Practical Training Guide
- How Hard is it to Get Hacked?
- Targeted Email Phishing and Social Engineering
- Macro Malware
- Business Email Compromise
- Red Flag
- Search Engine Opt
- Smart Phone and Mobile Apps
- Password Management
- 2 Factor Authentication
- Browser Security
- Internet Data Privicy
- Identity Theft
- What Else Can You Protect Yourself
The specialized course covers topics such as network architecture, network protocols, secure network design, risk management, and security policies. It features hands-on project work and assessments to test the understanding of the concepts covered in the course. Additionally, there are quizzes at the end of each section to reinforce learning.
The instructor of this course is, once again, our very own godfather of Cyber Security, Nathan House who endorses this course as one of the best online cyber security courses and it is no doubt that the course has 4.5 stars out of 5 ratings.
The course costs $94.99, and completing this course can increase your employment opportunities in the cybersecurity industry drastically, with a reported average salary of $90,000 annually.
This course does not have any specific accreditation or certification, but it is available on-demand and can be started at any time.
The duration of the course is approximately 12.5 hours of video content, and you will have lifetime access to the material. Learn in the form of an online Q&A forum, where you can actively ask the instructor and other students for help and guidance!
What’s more? The learning format of this course is online and self-paced, allowing you to learn on your own schedule.
Here are a former student’s two cents on what this course is all about:
“While I am very well versed in security myself, and a lot of this is a review, Nathan manages to come up with interesting bits that I did not know. Well worth every penny. If you have any interest in real cyber security, for any reason, these 4 courses of his will take you from “ignorant of anything” to knowing more than most of the “experts” out in the world.”
What you will learn?
- Goals and Learning Objectives – Volume 2
- Routers – Port and Vulnerability Scanning
- Network Attacks, Architecture, and Isolation
- Wireless and Wi-Fi Security
- Network Monitoring for Threats
- How We are Tracked Online
- Search Engines and Privacy
- Browser Security and Tracking Preventions
- Password Authentication Methods
Unlock the secrets of network security! Enhance your skills and protect networks from cyber threats with the Network Security Course on Udemy. Enroll now to secure your digital future
The next best Cyber Security masterclass covers a range of topics, including malware, ransomware, email security, and network security. The course also includes hands-on project work and assessments to test knowledge, as well as quizzes to reinforce learning, making it one of the best online cyber security programs.
The instructor,Nathan House, from the first course in this assortment mentioned above, has over 20 years of experience in cyber security and is rated 4.7 stars out of 5 by students. Explore the best techniques in anti-forensics to securely delete data and meta-data so that it is unrecoverable by even experts.
This course is delivered online with 16.5 hours of video lectures, 1 article, and full lifetime access to the materials within the course. Although the course is priced at $84.99, it will provide you value for money due to its comprehensive coverage of topics and hands-on project work. Student reviews of the course are generally positive, with many praising the instructor’s expertise and the course’s practical application of knowledge:
“Just started but KNOW it is Good Stuff! Was in some health related challenges but now will be going deeper into the training. Appreciate course and instructor and can sense he is at top of his or anyone’s game in the field of cyber security. All The Best!”
What you will learn?
- Goal and Learning Objectives – Volume 4
- File and Desk Encryption
- Anti-Virus and End Protection
- Next Generation – Anti-Virus, End Point Protection
- End Point Protection Technology
- Threaten Detection and Monitoring
- Malware and Hacker Hunting on the End Point
- Operating System and Application Hardening
- Secure Deleting, Evidence Elimination, and Anti Forensics
- Email Security
- Messenger – Security, Privacy, and Anonymity
Defend your endpoints like a pro! Enroll in The Complete Cyber Security Course – Endpoint Protection on Udemy, and learn how to safeguard your devices from the latest cyber threats. Don’t miss out, secure your endpoints today
This course is the perfect fix for a complete beginner in Cyber Security. It features basic content such as an insight into what this field truly entails, risk management, and operating systems.
It is a super short course that takes 3 hours to complete, is 100% online, and is very flexible in terms of submissions. What’s more? You get a shareable certificate completely free of cost.
This course is offered by Keatron Evans on Coursera, which is one of the best websites to learn cyber security. It is offered under Infosec (which prides itself in making knowledge its superpower in the cyber world). Evans has over 15 years of experience in training as an information security consultant, trainer, and world-renowned subject matter expert, he works to help businesses and government entities understand and prevent compromises to data, infrastructure, and information systems.
The course has an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars, with most students speaking positively of it as stated below:
“Very easy to follow the lessons. I was really into the course and wanted to learn more from this instructor.”
What you will learn?
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Foundations (3 minutes to complete)
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals (1 hour to complete)
- Network Fundamentals (1 hour to complete)
- Cloud Computing Fundamentals (1 hour to complete)
Ready to embark on a cybersecurity journey? Enroll in the ‘Introduction to Cybersecurity Foundations’ course on Coursera and gain the essential knowledge to protect yourself and others in the digital world. Take the first step now
In this cyber security course, you will explore incident response methodologies and security models while learning to recognize and categorize vulnerabilities for organizations grounded in practical examples. Undoubtedly, this course will raise your worth in the eyes of your next recruiter significantly as it will familiarize you with industry practices.
You will also explore in depth several past and recent breaches to learn how they were detected and what was done or could have been done to reduce the threat risk to the organization. Finally, you will explore the costs of data breaches through research studies and well-known breaches.
This cyber security course, offered by IBM Security Learning Services, features 16-hour video lectures with flexible deadlines for assignment submission and a 100% virtual experience. Once again, the certificate earned by the student would be entirely free of cost like other Course Era bootcamps.
Still in doubt about enrolling in this course? Well, out of our hand-picked assortment, this has the highest score of 4.8 stars out of 5.
What you will learn?
- Incident Management Response and Cyberattack Frameworks (5 hours to complete)
- Phishing Scams (2 hours to complete)
- Point of Sale Breach (2 hours to complete)
- 3rd Party Breach (1 hour to complete)
- Ransomware (2 hours to complete)
Learn from real-life cyber incidents! Enroll in the ‘IBM Cybersecurity Breach Case Studies course on Coursera and dive into actual breach scenarios to fortify your cybersecurity skills. Don’t miss this invaluable opportunity
This course is designed specifically to give beginners a holistic understanding of Cyber Security.
It will enable you to gain access to materials that address governance and risk management, compliance, business continuity, and crisis management, along with physical and environmental security.
This is a free cyber security course that features 24-hour lecture videos, with 100% online lectures and flexibility for assessment submissions. If you’re a budding cybersecurity analyst who wants to pick up additional skills on the go, this course is the perfect fit for you!
Your instructor for this course would be Dr Humayun Zafar who is a Professor of Information Security and Assurance and FinTech Coordinator at Kennesaw State University. He received his doctorate from the University of Texas at San Antonio.
What you will learn?
- Welcome and Course Overview (1 hour to complete)
- Introduction to Security, Access Control, and Software Development Security (6 hours to complete)
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning and Cryptography (5 hour to complete)
- Information Security Governance and Risk Management & Legal, Regulations, Investigations, and Compliance (4 hours to complete)
- Operations Security & Physical and Environmental Security (4 hour to complete)
- Security Architecture and Design & Telecommunications and Network Security (5 hour to complete)
- Receive Undergraduate Course Credit at Kennesaw State University (20 minutes to complete)
Ready to become a cybersecurity expert? Enroll in the ‘Cyber Security Domain course on Coursera and master the essential concepts to safeguard digital environments. Take charge of your cyber defense journey now
The Skillshare course covers basic cyber security measures to help protect personal information and devices while online. Topics include creating strong passwords, identifying phishing scams, securing personal information on social media, and more.
Skillshare is a subscription-based platform, and information on the exact price of the course is not provided. The course is delivered through Skillshare’s online platform. This is one of the best beginner Cyber security courses, and we would highly recommend that you sign up for it.
The course is designed by WeSecure Cyber Security Training, making it an objective learning experience but also preventing us from gaining any insight into the instructor and their strengths.
The course comprises 29 short (2-4 minute videos) and has 507 students currently enrolled in it.
Click here to get this cybersecurity class
Cyber Security Courses – FAQs
Are Cyber Security Courses Worth It?
As long as the internet exists, cybersecurity professionals will be in demand. This indicates high job security, which, coupled with salaries, shows that cybersecurity courses are worth it.
Can You Learn Cyber Security in 3 Months?
Although 3 months is a good period of time, students generally need to devote six months to a year to gaining cyber security skills and their practice so that they are a professional in 2 years.
What Are the Highest Paying Cyber Security Jobs?
The highest paid jobs would include Information Security Manager, $150,000-$225,000; Cyber Security Engineer $126,000-213,000; and Application Security Engineer $130,000-200,000.
Which Cyber Security Certification Should I Get First?
CompTIA Security+. It’s the first certification a cyber security analyst should get as it validates their basic knowledge.
Are you here to develop your cyber security skills through easy courses?
This blog has your recipe for success. These courses have been curated in a way that you gain maximum learning. Moreover, you get to examine cases of true crime in the corporate world systematically.
Two of the best online cyber security courses are numbers 1 and 7. These are amazing because of the content’s depth, pricing, and popularity among students. The instructors have amazing insights to offer as well.
To raise your worth in the competitive cybersecurity market, take your pick and start learning!